Key issues in Presidents speech
- Uganda has 1.4 million people living with HIV so ‘everything possible’ will be done to stop the ‘enemy’ [#COVID19] from coming here.
- Big masses; students, a total of 15 million distributed in over 50,688 institutions, will be temporarily sent home.
SCHOOLS TO CLOSE FOR MONTH STARTING THIS FRIDAY
- All religious gatherings have been suspended for a month with immediate effect
- All political and cultural gatherings – conferences and elections have been suspended for 32 days with immediate effect
- Category one countries; Italy, France, S.Korea, China, US, UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Norway, Austria & San Morino
All travel to, through and these countries is banned for Ugandans.
Foreigners going there will be processed
- Ugandans from those countries will pay a cost for a mandatory quarantine at a government-approved place.
- Known concentration points like factories, parks and industries will continue operating but with approved Standard Operating procedures put out by @MinofHealthUG
- Ugandan style weddings – that bring a pentagon of groups; two clans, school friends, workmates & well-wishers are postponed for 32 DAYS.
Couples can undertake a wedding with less than 10 people
- Funerals, for 32 days, will be conducted by only relatives in the vicinity.
All those who die from #COVID19 will be buried by the state.
- People sitting next to each other in public transport are advised to travel only when necessary.
Public transport companies will have SOPs
- Meetings in bars and restaurants and sports events have been suspended for a month.
- Citizens are urged to buy and eat oranges. Emphasis is placed on handwashing too.
Those are the measures that will be taken by Uganda to combat the spread of #COVID19
4,877 total views, 3 views today