Following the video of the renowned comedians also Radio Simba presenters popularly known as Bizonto that made rounds on social media talking about regional imbalance and even led to their arrest, the Commander in Chief of the UPDF also the president of the Republic of Uganda H.E Gen (rtd) Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has made 29 post changes in the UPDF chain of command as follows;
Hon. Brig. Gen. Flavia Byekwaso has been appointed a new UPDF spokesperson a post that was one those mentioned by the Bizonto comedians succeeding Brig. Richard Karemire who has been posted to EAC Secretariat as Defense Liaison Officer.
Other reshuffles include;
- Maj Gen Sam Kiwanuka- Chief of Production&Welfare.
- Maj Gen Moses Ddiba Ssentongo_ Chief Mubende Rehabilitation Centre.
- Maj Gen Hudson Mukasa_Chief of Staff Reserve Forces
- Maj Gen Francis Okello_Comdt National Defense College.
- Maj Gen Innocent Oula_Deputy MD NEC.
- Maj Gen Don Nabasa_Contingent Commander-AMISOM.
- Brig Gen Emanuel Rwashande _Chief Civil Military Cooperation
- Brig Gen Stephen Oluka- deployed to OWC
- Brig Gen George Etyang-OWC
- Brig Gen Jeff Mukasa_ Director Counter Terrorism
- Brig Gen William Beinomugisha- 2/ic 2 Division
- Brig Gen James Kaija_Defense Advisor UK
- Brig Gen Fred Karara_ DA Sudan
- Brig Gen Christopher Bbossa_DA China.
- Brig Gen Mike Kisame_ DA Kenya
- Brig Gen Joseph Balikudembe 3rd Division Commander
- Brig Gen Simon Ocan- DA Switzerland
- Brig Gen Michael Kabango has been seconded to AU Peace Support Operations Department.
- Brig Gen Felix Kulayigye- Operation Wealth Creation (OWC).
- Brig Gen Mathew Gureme- Chief of Training & Recruitment.
- Brig Gen Tingira Irumba_ Chief of Policy& Plans
- Brig Gen Charles Asiimwe _ Commander National Counter Terrorism Centre.
- Brig Gen Richard Otto_ Deputy CMI
- Brig Gen James Nambale_ DA Turkey.
- Brig Gen Robert Ocama-OWC
- Col Bahoku Barigye- DA Cuba
- Col Keith Katungi_ Commandant Military Police.
The reshuffle is seen as a partial victory of the Comedians’ efforts on preaching regional balance. It should be remembered that four comedians Julius Sserwanja, aka Kidomoole, Mbabaali Maliseeri aka Uncle Luyuguumo, Ssaabakaaki Peter aka Omuzinyuuzi and Gold ki Matono aka Opeto were arrested on 24th-July-2020 on charges of promoting sectarianism and released on police bond on Monday 27th-July-2020 after loud alarms from natives, fellow comedians and known politicians’ statements that were made after the arrest of the comedians and one journalist known as Bassajja Mivule of Baaba TV who was also released on police bond secured by the people power lawyer Shamim Malende who is currently the Aspiring Woman Member of Parliament for Kampala.
Lt Gen Peter Elwelu urges retired army officers to be gov’t ambassadors
Harmonize signs Young Skales under Konde Music Worldwide – PHOTOS
Catherine Kusasira Sserugga stings Bajjo and Muhammad Segirinya
Konde Boy Harmonize emotionally breaks down at Mkapa’s funeral
Support our journalism with a contribution of any size!!Your support helps Cyclone Times to keep delivering quality journalism that’s open for everyone around the world. Donate to us and push our news to the next level. We want to give you the best service everyday. Your contribution counts! (Mobile Money and Credit Cards are well support). Click Here to Donate
7,976 total views, 8 views today