Property lost as fire guts house in Kitodha

Share this Story:

Grief and shock has engulfed the family of a man identified as Daudi following fire out break this afternoon.

The incident happened in Kitodha village, Bulesa sub-county, Bugiri district.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire was as aresult of negligence by a child who was cooking near the house that gutted fire.

“I saw the boy cooking besides the house, after a few minutes, I saw a lot smoking. On coming to see what is really happening, the house was burning, ” one of the eyewitness explained.

On whether there are properties that were rescued, the eyewitness noted that fire had caught the roof of the house, making it hard for them to save some of the house hold items that got burnt.

It is also believed that the academic papers of the owner of the burnt house are said to have perished in the fire.

Among the properties that perished according to eyewitnesses include mattresses, two beds, Jerry cans, utensils, clothes and others.

Although its few meters from the scene to Kitodha police post, no police officer was seen around to ascertain the cause of the fire.

4,896 total views, 3 views today

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *