Ministry of Health initiates probe into Covid-19 suspected deaths in Lacor, Gulu

covid19
Share this Story:

The Ministry of Health is giving a priority to a statement issued by Lacor Hospital in Gulu on the death of the 2 COVID-19 suspected patients.

In a statement dated 27th April 2020, Lacor Hospital received 3 patients who presented signs and symptoms similar to those of COVID-19.

Fortebet Uganda
Unfortunately, 2 of the patients later passed on.

“These 2 patients were referrals from the neighboring health facilities and came with other underlying diseases. They also reached the hospital in a very critical condition,” the statement stated in parts.

One of the Victims is said to be a Kenyan truck driver, 59, who was admitted in isolation at St. Mary’s Hospital Lacor in Gulu District after being referred from Elelgu Border Post in Amuru district.

The truck driver died alongside an 18-year-old woman who was also admitted to the isolation ward on Saturday.

She was reportedly referred to Lacor hospital from Abee Hospital in Oyam district after she was diagnosed with severe pneumonia.

ALSO, SEE

“The reasons we isolated them is because, besides the underlying diseases, they had met the Ministry of Health criteria for Covid suspicion,” a statement added.

In the bid to confirm the cause of their death, samples have been taken to Uganda Virus Research Institute Entebbe for testing and results shall be communicated soon.

On Tuesday, reports according to a local media channel, revealed that MoH’s Permanent Secretary Dr. Diana Atwine had set out a team to start the investigations into the matter by picking the samples from the deceased.

The Permanente Secretary promised to announce the sample results later.

“We appeal to the population to remain calm and practice preventive measures” Ministry says.

ALSO, SEE
Eddy Kenzo latest health Updates amidst COVID-19 rumors

Pastor Wilson Bugembe donates Dollars and Food to the task force

COVID-19 CRISIS – President Museveni flags off donated vehicles

Uganda has so far recorded 79 cases of COVID -19 where most of the recent cases involve Kenyan and Tanzanian truck drivers.

In conclusion, the government is hence taking a secure measure of testing all the cross-country truck drivers and wait for the results for confirmation of their Covid-19 status before they depart.

See full statement below

Ministry of Health

 4,987 total views,  1 views today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *