Fake cell phones are so many on the market for almost every prominent brand and other uncommon phone brands.
Fake phone makers copy all aspects of a marked telephone’s appearance to cause their items to seem authentic.
The telephone’s external shell and screen, the printed logos and marking, the bundling and the included frill would all be able to be duplicated, making it hard to recognize whether a telephone is phony or veritable.
However, you can quickly and practically check whether the phone you want to buy is original or fake.
You should note that every cell phone produced must have an International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) and is a unique number given to every single mobile phone in the world.
As I unveil the steps for checking the originality of your phone you should be aware that GSMA maintains a unique system known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity Database (IMEI Db), which is a global central database containing basic information on the serial number (IMEI) ranges of millions of mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones, laptop data cards, etc.) in use across the globe.
The IMEI is a 15-digit number that is used to identify a device on a mobile network and is typically found behind the battery or by dialling *#06# on the phone itself.
However, with these methods, it becomes harder to tell whether the shown IMEI number is original or fake as it can still be faked by the fake phone makers.
Let me now show you how to check whether your handset is original or fake right below;
- Start your phone and navigate to setting and double tap on the Settings app to open it.
- After opening it, scroll down to About Phone section and tap on it once to open ahead.
- On the next screen, tap once on the Status option to open the phone status page.
- From here, look for the IMEI Information option and tap on it once to open ahead.
- When it opens, you will notice and IMEI 15 digit serial number, note them down carefully for the next step.
- Now, open your phone or computer browser like Chrome, Firefox or Edge and type in this website https://www.imei.info/ in URL.
- In the section for entering your IMEI, enter the 15 digits IMEI you wrote down, check the box for I am not a Robot and click on the check button.
- The system will check the EMEI database and must return your phone model, brand and IMEI details like IMEI.info: TAC: 359181 FAC: 09 SNR: 111393 CD: 1
- The exact photo aside of your phone’s brand and more other specific details as shown below.
If the system returns a different photo than your physical phone then conclude that it is fake otherwise it should be an original handset.
2,909 total views, 3 views today