8-month-old baby tests positive as corona cases rise to 14. The Ministry of Health on Wednesday affirmed five new instances of coronavirus in Uganda carrying the all outnumber to 14 which included an 8-month-old baby who tested positive.
A clergyman of State for Primary Health Care, Dr. Joyce Moriku Kaducu on Wednesday said that two of the five cases are Chinese nationals while the others are Ugandans.
All the initial nine affirmed cases are Ugandans who are said to have tainted from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
“Dear Ugandans, this is a crucial point in time for everybody as the number of positive cases keeps scaling up. Five additional individuals have been affirmed positive, including two of the six Chinese that were got in Zombo. They can’t go to court because of a paranoid fear of additionally spread,” Dr. Kaducu reported through her Twitter handle.
Up until now, we have 12 Ugandans and two Chinese who have tried positive for the infection.
Among the five new cases is a 63-year-old Ugandan national and occupant of Najjanakumbi, Kampala who went from Germany as of late. He introduced high fever, hack, and brevity of breath.
The subsequent casualty is a 57-year-old dealer and occupant of the Adjumani District in northern Uganda who has never gone out of Uganda and not interact with somebody who voyaged abroad. He went to Adjumani medical clinic. Obviously, he works his business at Elegu fringe point with South Sudan.
“He had no history of moving abroad or contact with anyone who had voyage abroad,” Dr. Henry Mwebesa, the Director-General Health Services told columnists in Kampala on Wednesday.
The third casualty is an 8-month-old infant from Iganga District in eastern Uganda whose father went from Kisumu, Kenya as of late.
“The infant gave influenza and high fever before she was admitted to Iganga emergency clinic,” Dr. Mwebesa included.
He said two Chinese who went from China and have been under isolation in Uganda likewise tried positive. 8-month-old baby tests positive as corona cases rise to 14.
“They are a piece of the six who were attempting to cross to DRC by means of Zombo District however were caught and reclaimed to the isolate. Four of them tried negative.
In addition, all the recently affirmed cases (Nine) are in stable condition and Entebbe Hospital.
Dr. Mwebesa conceded that the service’s call Center had been overpowered by the number of calls from suspected infection patients since the time the episode was accounted for.
“The quantity of call Center operators have expanded from 20 to 100. And they will be working in three moves every day. The Call Center will be working 24 hours thus we urge people. In general, to call the service cost-free numbers that have been given,” Dr. Mwebesa.
“We might want to emphasize that the general population is to call the Ministry of Health on 0800-100-066, 0800-203-033 or 0800-303-033 to empower our reconnaissance groups to help you,” he included.
Following the service’s intrigue to all people who went from Dubai in the previous two weeks, a sum of 574 people have been recorded countrywide.
“We have so far screened 60 explorers at Mulago National Specialized Hospital. We further direct all people who went from Dubai in the previous 2 weeks to come to Ward 2A at Mulago National Specialized Hospital (New Mulago) for appraisal,” Dr. Mwebesa said.
Until this point in time, a sum of 2,661 explorers including Ugandans distinguished; 1,230 are under development, 764 are under institutional isolate, 466 are under self-isolate.
At any rate 1,431 had recognized as high-hazard voyagers who have finished their 14 days of development.
4,228 total views, 6 views today